Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Creating a popup login form in Callisto

• Josep M
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Creating a popup login form in Callisto

Posted 8 years 11 months ago
    • What would be the correct link/text if I want to put the login button in my social bar? :)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You don't put it in your social bar. Just put the custom HTML particle next to your social particle in the layout.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Josep M
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I'm getting an error when clicking no the login button:

The element #Popup was not found in the DOM. (I used Popup instead mypoplogin)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• why deviate from my instructions? replicate my tutorial first then change what you need to after.

Regards, Mark
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • jsox
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• You can modify Mark's code slightly to get Logout yourusername

caveats:

i set my module instance to popup-login so the code below will show that, if you are using Mark's code word for word then change the instance of popup-login to mypoplogin as it is in Mark's code;

my theme isn't red so I removed the button-red css class, and just used button button-2 to grab my themes default styling;

{source}
      <?php
      $user = JFactory::getUser();
      $username = $user->username; // bit i added to allow for a more customized greeting
      if ($user->guest) { echo "<a href=\"#\" data-rokbox data-rokbox-element=\"#popup-login\"><span class=\"button button-2\">Login</span></a>";} else { echo "<a href=\"#\" data-rokbox data-rokbox-element=\"#popup-login\"><span class=\"button button-2 \">Logout $username</span></a>";}
      ?>
      {/source}

this will give you full functionality of gantry 4 rockettheme login module, login, and logout username.

thanks Mark for sharing the code. the more i use gantry 5 the more I like it, at first it was offputting, as I am used to doing everything via Joomla, but the power of the template backend is amazing and I learn more cool features everyday. it was a major change, but in this case, its good.
    • The following users have thanked you: findhab

• tonnick
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Hello

I have a funny thing, when I click on "home" from my main menu, which is the homepage item of my website, the login popup is activated.

So basically, when I am on other page than the home page, I cannot back to the homepage .... the only way is the link on the logo which work.

Do you have any idea about this issue ?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No idea without checking your site and you didn't post a link for me to check - nor any login details.

Regards, Mark.
    • tonnick
    • Hero Rocketeer

• yes for sure, you can see it on dev.alcalina.net. I put the credentials in secure tab
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Tonnick - there was an error in my original code that cause the issue - I have corrected the code on your site and also corrected the tutorial.

Regards, Mark.
    • tonnick
    • Hero Rocketeer

• ok great ! it works perfectly now ! well done

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds